Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Caramel Apples

Today my beautiful Maisie Miao Miao made caramel apples.

IMG_1559eFor Maisie it wasn’t about making a gorgeous homemade caramel or fancy ingredients, it was about the fun of being with Mom in the kitchen, dipping apples in caramel that tastes good to her and putting on lots of extra chocolate bits and nuts.  It was the fun of the activity that made my girl so happy

IMG_1537eMaisie decided that she wanted the apples rolled in a mix of semi sweet chips, cinnamon chips, white chocolate bits and milk chocolate bits along with some Winter Spiced Nuts, . 

IMG_1543eMaisie debating about how many chips and nuts would really be needed on the apples as she performs a little quality control taste testing.

IMG_1544eMaisie carefully dipped the apples.

IMG_1546eThen she rolled it in the chip and nut mixture.

IMG_1555eMaisie proudly displaying her finished caramel apples.

Caramel Apples

1 11-oz. bag Kraft Caramel Bits
4-5 apples, I used honey crisp
candy bits of your choice, we used semi-sweet chips, cinnamon chips, white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips.
nuts of your choice, I used Planters Winter Spiced Nuts

Wash and dry the apples and insert a popsicle stick.  Melt the Caramel Bits as directed on the package.  Dip & coat the apples completely and then immediately roll in the add-ons of your choice.  Place the coated apple on a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat.  Refrigerate at least an hour to allow the caramel to set up completely.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Food should be fun! I love caramel apples although I don't make them any more since my kids have all grown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So weird... Just a couple of hours ago I was thinking about turning the honey crisp apples in my fridge into caramel apples! Yummmmm!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails